|Results||Map Kitchen [Part 2]||Marker data from a text file|
This page downloads a comma separated text file, parses it and populates map and sidebar with the data. The process is divided into a few separate functions.
Application in mind?
- GDownloadUrl() loads the file.
- parseCsv() splits the text file into data cells and returns an array of GLatLng() objects with the line data array attached as a property.
- populateMap() loops through the point array and creates markers on map. It calls createInfoWindow() and addToSideBar() functions.
- showBounds() method fits the markers in viewport using paddings.
- The GLatLng() object is the single parameter that is needed for those functions because all the necessary information is attached to that object as properties.
- Two way interactive sidebar consists of <a> elements. Clicking a marker triggers focus() of corresponding sidebar entry.
- onfocus of sidebar entry triggers infowindow. You can use tab selecting too.
- Make a html page with "map" and "sidebar" blocks.
- Copy/paste the script from this page.
- Include some CSV text file in the same directory and address them in the code
- That's it
- See the source. It is commented with some instructions.